• Friday, April 13, 2007

    Friend:Boy and Friend:Girl.

    Tonight is supposed to be my accomplishment night. I'm to pay bills, and pick up the house, and blah blah blah. So far I have read Entertainment Weekly and listened to the Dixie Chicks. You can't imagine my fatigue and sore-throatiness. So don't even try. You're trying, aren't you? Fucker. Fuck. You.

    My friend is out on a date tonight with a girl he really likes. Let's send good vibes his way, folks. Just think of him as WryGirl's friend:boy.

    You know, a lot of people ask me about this guy. Isn't there a thing between us? No? Whynot? He sounds like a great guy, WryGirl. He's single and a great guy, right?

    For one, it would, on his part, complicate his relationship with a mutual friend. On my part, it would completely fuck up my relationship to that same friend.

    For two, I just really love being friends with this guy, and he feels the same. We're really really good at being friends, the kind who bring each other chicken soup and dust you off after too much stupidity. I already know the things that would drive me nuts if I had any connection to him beyond friendship. People think "Well, we love each other so much as friends, shouldn't we try to be boyfriend/girlfriend?"

    No.

    Don't be dumb.

    5 Comments:

    At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good thinking.
    Daytripper

     
    At 10:51 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Oooh. You ARE smart.

    XOXO

    Chuck

     
    At 6:47 PM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    I already know the things that would drive me nuts if I had any connection to him beyond friendship.

    Huh? A significant other you would want to know less well?

    O_o

     
    At 4:32 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    or don't mess with a good thing. friends are great, but sometimes that's just all there is, nothing wrong with that.

     
    At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why not call the situation "don't be dumb. . .now."

    Now's probably not a good time to let your mind run in that direction, but after you've had time to collect yourself, who knows ?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home