• Sunday, April 08, 2007

    Me Think Maker!

    Well hot damn, I've been tagged with a Thinking Blogger award. Or two, as I've just found out.

    Lenore of Enchanted Palms says: WryGirl's journey through marriage/separation/starting over. She manages in so few words to convey so much. Great reading that illustrates that so often, just life itself is the most compelling story.

    And J UnderCovers says: WryGirl at Dirty Prom Queen holds a special spot on my blogroll because it was her blog that first drew me in and started me blogging. She's been busy lately and not posting as much, but in fits and spurts over the last year, she's given us amazing insightful peeks into the difficult times she's gone through. It's not all downer material though, and when she's funny, she's wicked funny.

    I'm pretty amazed and grateful that you guys are still reading, still tuning in, and still finding something to respond to when this has been a particularly dark, hectic time around here. Really, I should publish some outrageous photo of my nipples, but oh well, sorry too bad for you. Suck it.

    The rules of the Thinking Blogger meme go like this:


    "Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme. The participation rules are simple:

    1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

    2. Link to this post here for the origin of the meme.

    3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog)."

    OK so who hasn't been tagged yet? Of course I'd say AlwaysArousedGirl, Secret Brain, Figleaf, Chelsea Girl, Shay, Gadfly, Storm. Oh wait, Storm always makes me hot. Is there an award for that? Um, OK has anyone said PostSecret?

    Next time, more photos. No nipples, sorry. Against the rules of the house.

    3 Comments:

    At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    We like it here . . . it's nice and warm, and friendly . . . an intelligent, witty, funny, attractive woman lives here . . . occasionally, various articles of her clothing get tossed . . . what's not to like?

    XO

     
    At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your life (or at least your previous one) is a mirror image of mine. I'm a guy going through the same hell you went through with your husband--a wife who has wanted nothing to do with me in forever (but now tries, unremarkably, because she worries I'll leave), a 10-month old that I don't want to lose, a mistress whom I love dearly and want to leave my wife for (the mistress, incidentally, turned me onto your site). I never thought I'd be one to cheat on my wife, much less consider divorce, but now it's all I can think about. It's cathartic (and encouraging) to read your blog. Any advice would be appreciated.
    BTW, you'd have to do me lots--I'm a huge Allen Moore fan and have a t-shirt with Iron Man on it.

     
    At 3:48 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    PB: Well not knowing your situation, the brief advice is to go somewhere (therapy, meditation, yoga, an Italian Alp) and sit to figure out if your marriage is over. If so, get out of it in as smart a way as you can.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home