• Tuesday, March 27, 2007

    An Old Oath.

    "I will hold to the principles received by me when I was sane and not mad -- as I am now. Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth? They have a worth -- so I have always believed; and if I cannot believe it now, it is because I am insane -- quite insane: with my veins running fire, and my heart beating faster than I can count its throbs. Preconceived opinions, foregone determinations, are all I have at this hour to stand by: there I plant my foot." -- Jane Eyre

    A few months ago I made an oath of celibacy because I knew that it would be best for me.

    So far so good. Now is not the time to revisit the idea, due to the, you know, insanity.

    Onward.

    3 Comments:

    At 10:30 PM, Blogger Holy Visile said...

    That quote is very strange, it reminded me of Lincoln's 2nd inaugural address.

     
    At 10:41 PM, Blogger Kinky Philosopher said...

    I like that quote. I'm doing the opposite - i'm hoping to ignite some insanity in these veins after a long period of what i might have thought was principled living. insanity is hard, principles seem easy, so says i. at least now that i am coming out of years of celibacy.

     
    At 7:40 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Done thought you wrote already about getting laid a couple of posts ago.

    Why not relax and play it day-by-day? Making rules and breaking them doesn't do anyone any good.

    Plus, we're all hoping you videotape your next nookie session and post it so we can watch you holler.

    ;-)

    XOXO

    Chuck

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home