• Sunday, March 25, 2007

    Sucking It Up. Being Happy.

    I'm just not going to feel sorry for myself about last night. 'What,' a certain friend would say, 'do you have sand in your pussy?'

    This said friend and I found a phenomenal bistro, laughed at the antics of my 24-year old co-worker, and ate terrific food. He took me to a new bar that is very cool. There were $3 Grolsch. More hilarious conversation. Later he told me that the very pleasant man to his left, although with a pretty girl, had been checking me out. My friend's phone rang with a message from a girl he knows, so we went off to see her. A very meek boy liked me but couldn't work up the nerve to ask even my name. Turned out the girl had issued a booty call to my friend, but he still left her until later in order to drive me home. He is the best of men.

    So I think my pal got laid, which although left me feeling left out, I am glad for.
    I was careful with my drinking and didn't get sloppy or silly or blabby. I kept my wits.
    Boys did some admiring, but it was easy for me to follow my judgement and not get tempted into something stupid. I went home alone, which was the right and intended plan.
    Our city's bars are smoke-free, so I don't feel like a smoked ham.
    I had a great time with my friend eating food, drinking, and kidding around.

    So what am I complaining about? Suck it up. Be happy.

    6 Comments:

    At 11:21 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    It's all good.

    Even cerebral, thinking people need to stop analyzing their situation from time to time. Lets you pop out of the cycle in your head.

    XOXO

    CHuck

     
    At 7:03 PM, Blogger eccentric recluse said...

    good writing. better attitude. hope that your week is a bit more than you want it to be...

     
    At 7:24 PM, Blogger George said...

    Bravo WG ... it may have felt nice to get laid but I think you need more than a one nighter.

     
    At 7:42 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Did you say you DON'T feel like a smoked ham?

    Hmmmmm.... ham.......

    XOXO

     
    At 12:00 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    yeah

    There will come a day when the fact that some hot guy noticed you -- will make your entire week. People enjoy what you bring. Go ahead and feel that. There's good days and bad days, and that sounds like a good one.

     
    At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    Hmmm . . . I still think the night might have been improved with some really hard, sweaty, meaningless sexual activity, lol.

    Good job, Wry . . . one step at a time.

    XO

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home