• Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    Humor.

    Sometimes when I am feeling sad and blue and so sorry for myself, it's easy to forget that I'm really fucking funny. Ok ok there are three people in my life who are funnier than I am, so around them, I'm just funny. But around normal humans, I'm a laugh riot. I'm a terrible joke teller. I don't tell funny. I am funny. Especially compared to a lot of women, who tend to take themselves more seriously than men do. I don't take myself seriously at all. I am the funniest joke I know. My crazy family is the craziest you'll hear about. My family trauma is the most traumatic. I've been through the wringer growing up and it would make you shake your head in wonder that I'm not eating rocks or fucking pork chop sandwiches. But no one will laugh harder about it than I will. I'm a bundle of conflicting nerves. My stubborness is epic. I'm petulant and cranky. In fact, that's the way I am mostly these days. When I go out, though, I get to bend that funny bone. I hope that some of that is lurking in these posts. Probably not. I'm an asshole. You hate me.

    6 Comments:

    At 4:55 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    We knew you were an asshole from the beginning though, no sense of humor, just dry and serious all the time. It is what draws us to you. Us guys just want women to laugh at OUR jokes, not actually be funny themselves! Sheesh. What would the world be like?

    Of course, you know I'm joking right? Let me assure you that your sense of humor has been noticed sense the beginning beautiful.

    Kisses. :)

     
    At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wrygirl,
    I think you are funny! I also really like your dirty writing. Meanwhile, your unhappiness is palpable. Hope it gets better. Writing is a powerful outlet. keep it up. Oh, I almost forgot. More photos!
    Daytripper

     
    At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    DPQ,

    There is no 'spoon'.
    There is no 'try'.
    There is no 'hate'.

    There is only ____.

    Sign me,
    Miss Collins (Mr.)

    (cuz that's the character I think I'd be at this particular prom) :)

    P.S. That 'Overachiever' response was hilarious! You're right - you are funny!

     
    At 6:09 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    AD: Oh, this coming from the Asshole Extraudinaire? I've never met such an unhelpful SOB. Bite me. :D

    Day: Glad you're around. I'll need a suitable photographer; I'm really kind of a dud at self-portraits.

    M. Collins: There is no cookie.

     
    At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And I bet you tell the funniest ha ha's right when a guy is gonna..., well, you know.

    Tex

     
    At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wry,
    O.K. if you can call me Day, I can call you Wry. Not only am I around, I am willing. I own a digital camera, but am more comfortable with colored pencils. The more time with you. Will knowing that you are appreciated from afar, in dark oblivion, make you happier, feel better about yourself?
    I hope so. You are. It's Fat Tuesday. What the fuck?
    -Day

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home