• Tuesday, April 17, 2007

    The News

    The last few days have been nutty. I've had family visiting, a work project to finish, music to play. The week looked hectic, but the family left early so I had tonight alone with the boy. Tomorrow night's plans have changed, so I'll have that time too. Maybe it's not so nuts and I'll get some packing done.

    For in 10 days, we move.

    That's right. We're out of this house. Make ready the escape pods. We flee this old spacestation for a new world!
    -----
    A few nice things happened today. A co-worker gave me a bottle of top-shelf liquor! I was offered almost $20k over the asking price for the former house!
    -----
    Been thinking about playwords. You know, the words you say but don't mean when things are hot and fast:
    No.
    Stop.
    I shouldn't.
    I can't.
    and my favorite:
    Don't you dare.
    That one has particularly pleasant associations. Oh, the things he dared.

    3 Comments:

    At 9:33 PM, Blogger George said...

    Then there is the begging playwords ... please stop, please ... only meaning if you fucking stop now I'll die.

     
    At 8:53 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    Somebody needs her bottom spanked crimson.

     
    At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    What about . . .

    "You want to put that where?"

    "I think I'm falling."

    "One of the kids just got up."

    "Maybe we should wait."

    I vote we combine the $20k, the top shelf liquor, and some of these playwords, and see what happens . . .

    XO

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home