• Monday, May 08, 2006

    Borrowed Meme

    I SAID: all sorts of things I couldn't possibly stick by forever.

    I WANT: a man who can alternately call me 'darling' when he makes love to me, and 'slut' when he fucks me.

    I WISH: I had joined the Woodsmen's Team in college.

    I HATE: catapillers.

    I MISS: my mother.

    I FEAR: George W. Bush

    I HEAR: my mother's laugh or inflection coming from my own mouth sometimes.

    I WONDER: what the fuck I'll do within the next year.

    I REGRET: not hiding better so that her boyfriend wouldn't interrupt us on the beach.

    I AM NOT: stupid, easy-going, even-tempered, or meek.

    I DANCE: better when we've all had more to drink.

    I SING: badly but that doesn't stop me.

    I CRY: when large groups sing.

    I AM NOT ALWAYS: so goddamm gorgeous, but pretty often I am.

    I MADE: a baby come out of my twat once. Don't fuck with me.

    I WRITE: here because it is one of the few places I feel uncensored by anyone's opinion.

    I CONFUSE: lie and lay.

    I NEED: cheese.

    I SHOULD: make plans to leave within a year's time.

    I START: the day wishing for more sleep.

    I FINISH: the day wishing for more out of life.

    I TAG: you.

    7 Comments:

    At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice!

    I love the word "twat." I gotta use that one more.

     
    At 9:46 PM, Blogger Mistify said...

    i really enjoyed this post

     
    At 12:02 AM, Blogger Shay said...

    you cry when large groups sing?

     
    At 8:07 AM, Blogger JUnderCovers said...

    Wry, you've got a knack for infusing a mostly melancholy post with a few zingers that always make me laugh. You rock. And thank you for validating my fear of that monkey in the White House.

    BTW, I wish I'd remembered that I also cry when large groups sing. Now maybe you're being sardonic or something, but big choirs or choruses always get me right in the gut--what is that?

     
    At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL . . . "twat" . . . I haven't heard that since high school.

    Very nice post, Wry. I agree with jundercovers --- great mix of laughs and thoughts. I don't get the large groups singing though, either.

    XO

     
    At 1:19 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Started when I was a kid. At birthday parties I would cry - just something tremendously moving about all these people singing. Not really choral concerts. But when an audience sings along, self-conscious and brave, warbling and soaring together...it gets me every time.

     
    At 2:55 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

    Lovin' it, and I am going to use this meme tomorrow. Already wrote it before I saw yours.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home