• Sunday, November 12, 2006

    Last Notes of Tonight.

    I spent tonight in the city. At 11:30 I drove home through the middle of mid-Saturday night hype. I turned up the radio and cruised through the streets, exhilarated. It was that spring-night-in-college feeling, of the world in front of you.

    Halfway home it turned to longing and despair, the in-love feeling turning onto itself and onto nobody. The gushing and excited but nowhereness of divorce. A new life approaching but not yet arrived. The missing comfort, the lack of touch, no tender caress or kiss to absolve me of my grief. The sadness. The solitary. Missing a mother's arms. Absolute stark self-reliance at starting over, older and more complicated, at 34. Cutting the seams between me and my ally of the last 10 years, feeling untethered, unheld, pulled mercilessly toward the void of dark matter.

    7 Comments:

    At 10:29 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

    I'm about to step into that void myself, dear, but i don't think it's that dark at all... and untethered is wonderful. Allow yourself the regret but don't let it color the future. You know why you've taken this step...
    hugs.

     
    At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Both excellent comments [above].

    It's a brave new world, Wry, but keep moving forward.

    XO

     
    At 12:08 PM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    *sigh*

    Been there, done that.

    It's kind of like quitting smoking. The cravings come hard at first, but you just wait them out for a few minutes and they begin to disapate -- to move into the background until the next time they come O_o

     
    At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow. I discoverd this blog while looking for, to be honest, something move, shall we say, explicit--that other kind of explicit, and yet this is far more explicit. I feel like Columbus looking for Asia and finding a whole different contintent.

    RPOLAW

     
    At 1:13 AM, Blogger Al Sensu said...

    It's a wild unnerving ride. I'm glad I experienced it although it wasn't of my choosing. I've been fortunate to be re-tethered, but that's not to say it's the best thing for everyone.

     
    At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ps: Passionate man, where is your blog? where ya been? i don't know how else to ask you but in this forum!

     
    At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Adrian said...

    Goodd post

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home