• Thursday, April 19, 2007

    Voyeur.

    When I was younger, I used to imagine being watched. It's happening again. I'll brush my teeth, wash my face, check the mirror, pad to my bedroom, and get undressed. The whole time, I'll imagine that someone is wordlessly watching me, noticing every little movement and fine detail. They watch, and they love every motion. The way I use my hands turns them on. My face, clean and nude in the mirror, looks beautiful. Simple gestures are a turn-on. I'm not pretending or posturing, just doing my normal routine and in it, someone finds me fascinating and gorgeous.

    I can't tell why I do this. Does it dispel loneliness? Is it a gesture of kindness toward myself, to see beauty in even the mundane parts of my life? Is it a pathetic longing? What is this need? To be merely watched? Or to be seen?

    7 Comments:

    At 12:39 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    Oh my god

    I almostanswered this.

    Not in the comments section.

    NOT in the comments section.

    ;-)

     
    At 1:45 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    I suspect I understand, at least to a degree.

    Let me know if you want to hear the schtick.

     
    At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    I don't know what it is either, but tomorrow morning, could you open the blinds a little more? I couldn't see that well today, and my binoculars kept fogging up . . .

    XO

     
    At 4:29 PM, Blogger Bob said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
    At 10:10 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hey Jim,

    Uh, could you let me have the bigger branch, so that BOTH of us won't fall out of the tree?

    Chuck

     
    At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,
    I stumbled upon your site from chelle's site. I have been reading you back posts and I have to tell you your post on May 19, 2006 I am laughing so hard and I truly thank you for that. I love your writing.
    that post just hit me like a freight train. There are so many things flying around my head that no one would ever dream and sometimes when I meet someone I wonder do they think any of the things I think. Sometimes in business I deal with a lot of men and then I have the chance to meet their wives and I always wonder if you could get them talking honestly what they would have to say. I think if I was sitting across from you and you said that I would burst out laughing but love that you asked. You are really great and glad I found you. You have a new reader!!!!!
    Bridget

     
    At 10:12 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Hey Bridget! Welcome to the hilarity of my life.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home