• Monday, July 31, 2006

    Weekend Update.

    Hello Monday! I have the house my myself and if I wanted, I could masturbate all day long.

    Friday night was Mexican take-out and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Even better on its second showing. Lyrical, beautiful, poignant. Afterward, we decided to listen to some records but my husband could not find the a/c adapter. This made my blood boil. The (not inexpensive) phonograph was his father's day gift and already he's lost a crucial part! Arwagh.

    Then, to make it worse, I found the adapter plugged into the wall, from the last time it had been used. Full blown bucket of blood now, folks!

    This led to a long, long conversation about Our Marriage. I asked if he was ever fed up. He confessed, Yes, and began to cry. We talked. When he talks to his friends about our relationship, he tells them of our horrible Halloween blow up and they say that he should walk away. I tell my friends about the Bagel Incident, and they tell me to walk away. He said he feels more optimistic these days because he realizes that if our sex life doesn't get better, we'll go our separate ways and he'll have sex with someone else. I laughed and said, Somehow, by someone, you'll get laid again! It was funny and surreal. I mean, do healthy spouses talk this way with each other? I told him I dread our date nights because we sit there supposedly having a nice time, and I'm mostly distressed by what I don't feel.

    So we're having this frank discussion and I wonder, why aren't I more upset by all this? I'm still trying to work through that.

    Saturday was a housework day. We got along great. At one point, however, he was meddling with my supervision of the boy, so I offered to trade. This meant that I mowed the lawn. It's eleven thousand degrees, I'm sweating through my jog bra, cars are driving by ogling...did I mention it's a reel push mower and our front yard has a hill? (no you pervs I didn't get any pictures).

    And I wondered what must my neighbors and the passers-by be thinking? I think the most likely is "What kind of pansy-ass husband lets his wife mow the lawn?" But really, I enjoyed the exercise and the exertion.

    Sunday was a mellow brunch with friends and then getting out of town to see friends and drink beer. It was a fine day.

    However, Sleep Wars with boy these days.

    Overall report for Monday: Tired, glad to have the day to myself.

    3 Comments:

    At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Is crying a good or bad thing?

    Oh, and if you're looking for work, we've got a large acreage (with little shade) that currently needs mowed. You can also have 24/7 access to the swimming pool or pond, whichever you prefer.
    Although a pasty WASP would surely clash with the migrant Mexicans. :P

     
    At 1:02 AM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    You aren't upset because this has been working its way through you for a long time and it feels good, like a relief, to discuss it openly. And healthy, no matter which way the wind finally decides to blow.

    Chin up beautiful. ;)

     
    At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmm all day masturbation can be fun.
    I know you probably have been through a bunch and for a long period of time but anger at losing an A/C adaptor may be anger somewhat misplaced at best. Life is life and these things happen. I guess when things get to a certain point in a relationship everything is spilt milk with the potential for poor reaction.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home