• Tuesday, July 25, 2006

    Maybe I Shouldn't...

    Maybe it isn't the best idea to let my toddler play with batteries.

    It's probably not smart to let him eat sour cream for dinner.

    I let him play on the computer for more than an hour today (ok closer to two hours but it was PBS. PBS!!).

    Shouldn't I be old enough to stop biting my nails?

    I definitely could be more frugal. Did I need six more t-shirts and a new dress? [always!]

    This is the kind of mental dialogue I have everyday. It sucks to be constantly scolding myself, so here's a list of recent accomplishments.

    I got myself off anti-depressants.

    I didn't drink a sip of alcohol for the entire month of June.

    I am a rock-n-roll mother.

    I've been kinder and more accepting of my husband's quirks.

    I helped my grandmother with her eyes, even giving her (ugh) eyedrops.

    My husband gave me a hideous necklace but I wore it anyway to be kind.

    Twice this week I've left the house without makeup or even curling my eyelashes.

    There. That feels much better.

    4 Comments:

    At 10:50 PM, Blogger Buddy and Snowball said...

    It is the small things in life that count, right?

     
    At 12:06 AM, Blogger ~ Storm said...

    Good girl; those are quite a lot of important accomplishments and you should be proud.

    By the way... I finished the story "Captive Heat"

    Just for you!

     
    At 4:27 PM, Blogger Gordy said...

    That's quite a list girl, you should be very proud!

     
    At 7:22 PM, Blogger Confused Husband said...

    I do the same thing to myslef. I tell myself all the bad things about me, but can't come up with any good.

    Good for you on getting off of the anti depressants. If you don't mind me asking, How long were you on them? And which ere you taking? Just curious as for my own info. If you don't want to answer here send me an email confusedhusband@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    CH

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home