• Thursday, August 24, 2006

    I'm baaaaaaaack.

    Really, I should have nothing to do with anyone I'm related to. All they do is accuse, dictate, spaz, and annoy. All without giving me money. It's amazing how fleeting the moments of grace are (floating in the sea, blue sky above) compared to the absolutely relentless onslaught of criticism disguised in a cloak of concern (or more cunningly, outright hostile criticism).

    I don't have the energy to get into it.

    Here's what I want: to lie in bed zonked on (insert pharmacological agent here) and have the right person lightly tickle up and down my arms and legs. The kind of touch that gives you delicious goosebumps. Then when I wake in the morning, elves fix my shoes and my favorite NPR reporter Ivan delivers the news and French Toast. That's all. That's all I want.

    4 Comments:

    At 9:11 AM, Blogger Supercock said...

    Welcome back to arms of your beloved bloggers..maybe we can bring some joy to your day.

     
    At 10:46 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    I have two rules about family that I associate with.

    1. I associate with them because we've shared good times and bad, but mostly love over the years that has created a deep common bond that lasts through the rough patches.

    2. I associate with them because they give me money.

    Unfortunately, I really don't have any on either side of current arrangement that fall into 1. And as time has gone on, #2 fades as a reason as well.

    Out of the whole rotten bunch, like you, I still love my Mom. The rest? Haven't seen the in-laws in 8 years, and I'm working on isolating myself from the bad actors on my side. My sister has the personality of a sexually repressed Barney-the-Dinosaur. My brother is just a psychopath.

    My children all have non-blood-related aunts, uncles and grandparents. They've been fantastic, and everything I wish I had.

    I'm busy. I just don't have time to be miserable. I certainly don't have the vacation time to be miserable.

    However, I do have a little time today for a spanky. And I just got a new leather blindfold. The kids are finally back in school.

    How's the schedule look?

    Love,

    Chuck

     
    At 1:00 PM, Blogger Head Like Velvet said...

    Your "all I want" made me chuckle out loud today...thanks! :D

     
    At 8:23 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Ok Supercock, I just have to finally say that your avatar, well, it looks painful. I hope you are not in pain.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home