• Monday, August 07, 2006

    Just the Usual Rant, Nothing More.

    I've cleaned up from dinner, did the dishes, gave the boy a bath. Now it's 7:30pm and I'm off duty. This is the lonely part of the day. I could get on the phone with a friend. I could send out some emails. I could surf the blogs.

    *sigh*

    But at the end of it, I am just craving something I don't have. I want to be excited to spend the evening with someone. I want this to be the best part of the day, our time alone. As it is, the husband and I usually wind up mutely watching a movie or reading in the same room. Throw in a fight or two and you've pretty much got the picture.

    Oh god I am just done with this.

    9 Comments:

    At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well a cyberhug is not much, but >:D<.
    Fuck, I don't even know the correct keystroke construct for a cyberhug.

     
    At 3:05 AM, Blogger Simon said...

    Hm, tough, ain't it?

     
    At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hear you. We've progressed to evenings spent on opposite floors of the house.

    Lonely in your own marriage sucks.

     
    At 12:55 PM, Blogger Gordy said...

    Do you ever think you will get out of this, or are you hanging in for the kids?

    I don't have kids, so this is just an opinion, not experience talking, but I wonder if the "hanging on for the kids" approach actually does any good for the kids in the long run. Maybe a happy mother is really a better place to be.

    My parents split when I was 14, my youngest sister was 8, but I have no way of knowing if that was the right time, too early or too late.

     
    At 7:33 PM, Blogger Phain said...

    the last 6 or 8 months of our marriage, we spoke maybe 10 unsolicited words to one another each day. Once the kids were in bed, i went to one room, he to another, and there was silence the rest of the night. not once did he ever say, "hey baby, come in here with me."

    i know a bit of what you are going through

     
    At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been thinking about this cyber-hug problem all day and this is the best I've come up with:

    :∫ C

    I did come up with a cyber- bittersweet half-smile of concern, but I'm afraid it's a pretty ineffectual-looking hug. Sorry. We're all doing the best we can from out in cyberspace.

    -Mired Kiter

     
    At 8:13 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Mired: I don't even know what keystroke that little wing-dingy smile is. But I like it. Thanks.

     
    At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mired, the answer = Cx.
    bwahahaha, rotflmao

     
    At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What? There's another way to spend an evening at home?

    XO

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home