• Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    Lazy Daze.



    With the hot hot heat, sometimes I keep the boy and myself inside the house. Finally, when the heat (kind of) breaks, I go out to the front stoop with the cocktail. We have a back patio with perfectly good couches and chairs, but for some reason, I like the steps. I can watch the cars, or the fireflies, or the grass. Whatever. Do any of you out there see me? I'm just a preppy-looking cute housewife on her stoop. Who would guess the sorts of things I think or write about? Not my husband, even. Or many of my friends. I keep a lot of myself private, I've found. Protection, fear, selfishness: the reasons could be many.

    My husband knows that I write erotica, but both of us fear that he would be intimidated if he read anything I wrote. Those are his words, not mine.

    Anyway, if I let someone see all these facets of me, the Jekyll and the Hyde, as it were...well, that's a big deal. But you know that already, right?

    9 Comments:

    At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wry,
    I see you. I know you. I think we have a lot in common. Does your mind ever rest? I know that mine does not. I love the photos. Sun kissed skin. Mmm.
    Keep writing. Buy some more batteries....for your camera. Masturbate. Know that I have thought of you.
    -Day

     
    At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's like Billy Joel's The Stranger, and now I am really blinded by the sparkling facets.

     
    At 4:47 PM, Blogger Mistify said...

    ah yes, showing someone ALL of the sides certainly has it ups and downs, the incredible freddom and release and then the knowledge that they will know those things forever.

     
    At 5:58 PM, Blogger Robert said...

    oooh, I just found your blog and I've got it bookmarked. That post titles "Is It In You?" is nice sorry to hear that your man is not up to the challenge that is you...

     
    At 10:34 PM, Blogger Shon Richards said...

    I see you :)

    Actually though, I have known a lot of erotica writers who's spouses did not read their work. The reasons go from not wanting to know about what their spouse fantasizes about to the writer not wanting to be judged or looked at differently for what they write. I'm just surprised he knows at all in your case.

     
    At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just want to know if the one in the top picture, with those lovely legs uncrossed, is Jekyll or Hyde.

    We're all in it together, Wry . . . nice post.

    XO

     
    At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I see the shadow of you, of me, of all of us. My hope, plan, is to never again be with someone who cannot talk about ALL, Everything. A Blogger would seem to be best becasue they have traveled the same path. Enjoy the fireflies.

     
    At 5:39 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Why not slide it under his pillow? Something not-so-threatening?

    What do you have to lose? What do you have to gain?

    Love,

    Chuck

     
    At 3:23 PM, Blogger Gordy said...

    If I were standing facing you in the top picture, my head at a certain level, would you tease me or cross your legs like the second picture?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home