• Monday, August 28, 2006

    Weekend Update.

    Dammit, I'm up again at 1:30am. I haven't been sleeping well for the last few days so I took the tiniest little sleep aid tonight. I popped awake at 1, and, well, here I am. The pillows feel wrong; my third toe itches; and then the brain starts.

    The almighty brain. What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen? What will I do? What will happen?

    Next thing I know it's 3am and I'm flopping on the couch with horrible pillows and stupid blankets. Oh lord all I want is to sleeeeeeeeeep!!
    *****
    A lot of changes coming up in the next week or two. The boy starts school, which means that I have more time to myself, but it's more structured because of the drop-off/pick-up schedule. With that time I have to dig in and figure out just what my deal is. That whole stay-on-home identity will drop away and something new has to replace it. I have no idea what that will be. I'll have more time for girlfriends and writing and exercise (yay!) but less time for fun (boo. Seriously. boo hoo.).
    *****
    And the marriage has to change. The husband and I both agree that we have about three more months in us to figure this out. Either things improve, or we're done. This is my last chance to hop out of the stalled car to push it to the top of the hill. Maybe after that we'll cruise. Maybe after that there's another hill. Who knows. It feels as though I've been working at this a long time. Oh wait, that's not an illusion; it's true. But I think I've got one last sprint in me. (how's that for a mish-mash of metaphors?)
    *****
    Had hot and spicy thoughts as a consequence of an earlier conversation this evening. Nodded off to the lovely thought of being on my side getting ass-fucked while my simple purple vibe gets rubbed against my clit. . .

    . . .then I get to use it on him.

    Hmmmm. That still sounds good, actually. Really, just, um, fine. Have to, um, well...you'll excuse me now, won't you?

    10 Comments:

    At 8:00 AM, Blogger Eoin said...

    does your husband know that you write this blog? If so, is it a help or hindrance to your relationship?

     
    At 9:17 AM, Blogger Supercock said...

    Haha hope you had fun after you excused yourself. Have a great week.

     
    At 9:28 AM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    O: No, he doesn't know. He knows that I write everyday.

     
    At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I met a blogger this weekend....I'm kinda confused now.

     
    At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It would seem having set a dead-line would be a good idea. Suppose you have thought what you need to see happening in order to continue the marriage. And are these 3 months a "doing" time for those things?

     
    At 4:53 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Well, that means no hanky-panky with anyone else for the next three months.

    And, dear, well, what does that mean about our dinner-and-drinks two weeks from now?

    Whatsoever will I do with this spiffy new ball gag?

    Love,

    Chuck

     
    At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Make sure you use that extra time to make yourself happy...and don't worry about the boyfriends. We'll work around your schedule.

     
    At 1:04 PM, Blogger DZER said...

    *guammonsterhugs*






    *and an ass slap*

     
    At 9:20 PM, Blogger Shay said...

    I think the deadline is a good idea, now you just have to stick to it.
    I hope it's not worrying about this that is giving you so much trouble sleeping.

    Try exercising a bit before bed, don't watch TV before bed, read a book (preferably with a slow plot) for a little while, and if you are having trouble sleeping get up, get a drink of water, and then try again. (Or masturbate - when I need a nap but can't fall asleep, that always sorts me out.)

     
    At 12:50 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    I think Shay's suggestions are all good-- such a sweet little sexy thing.

    I, of course, recommend drugs. I love Klonopin. An anti-anxiety (taken at small doses) anti-seizure medicine. Doesn't exactly put you to sleep, which is good. Just relaxes you so you'll go to sleep.

    Non-addictive. Not quite as good as Xanax (is there anything as fun for the approaching-middle-age-sort as Xanax?) but non-addictive.

    Lord knows you have enough on your plate already.

    Love,

    Chuck

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home