• Friday, October 27, 2006

    Friday Morning Update

    What a fucking week and today has not gotten any easier.

    Anyway, right, the week. The upshot is that it feels as though I didn't get any progress made on my big goals. Sure, I had ladies over for wine, and cleaned the house, and spent the day at the pumpkin patch yesterday. But when the fuck am I going to get a job? Finish my story and send it out? Get exercise? I spent this morning running between the mechanic and the body shop and the car rental, all because my husband left the gas cap lid and door (broken hinge) on the top of the car and drove off. Getting it all replaced is over $200. More importantly, I'm the one dealing with it, even though he said he would.

    I had kick-my-ass yoga last night. Just wanted to take the hot shower and fall asleep. Crawled into bed, but then had to stay up late talking about the marriage. I was clear in therapy: I'm not unwilling to do more work, but it just seems as though there's nothing left to try. So that leaves the husband despairing. I don't feel great either, but if there's anything I need, it's for things to change. We've corrected the bad habits, worked hard on connecting, and really made every effort. And after a period of improvement, we're stagnant.

    Anyway, this is a bit ranty and not particularly productive. Tonight I hang out and play music with friends. This weekend is replete with Halloween stuff. In about 10 minutes a friend is joining me here at the leftie coffeehouse. We'll see if I can pull it out at the last minute.

    2 Comments:

    At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just keep moving, honey. At least you guys have seen progress . . . feel positive about that. A lot of us haven't.

    XO

     
    At 2:49 PM, Blogger woodinhand said...

    Sorry to hear about crappy Friday. The weekend will be better!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home