• Monday, October 02, 2006

    Monday Morning

    I awoke in the middle of the night this weekend to tend to the sick boy. In general I've been a bit wiggy. So when I got back into bed, I wanted to feel a mere notion of that. I nestled up to my husband's back, just to ease the ache, even if I had to pretend I was with someone else, which I did.

    After about five minutes, he turned over onto his stomach and scraped me off of him, like scraping ice cream off a spoon, leaving it to melt, sweet and cold on the plate.

    I turned and slept, dropped deeply into a dream about a boy. He moved my car, that was the relevant thing. When he returned the keys to me, in front of our friends, we held each other. Not a hug. A long embrace. He stroked my back and my hair; I buried my face in his neck for a whiff of soapy clean boy. We stood there as our friends asked each other what was going on with us, but we didn't care and really, neither did they.

    I awoke calm and comforted. I had what I needed.

    6 Comments:

    At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such expressive imagery. You convey so much with so little.

    Heartbreaking.

     
    At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been scraped off many times myself. Always takes me a long time to drop off to sleep after that disappointment, but I'd love to find a soapy girl waiting for me.

    XO

     
    At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Does hubby have a pulse ?

     
    At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dreams are nice but nothing can amtch the flesh.I hope your dreams become the reality.

     
    At 6:31 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    oh gosh, does that bring back memories. sucks that the only humanity we can get is in dreams...

     
    At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mistify said...

    this breaks my heart, the painful feelings which are now a memory...I hope you find what you need

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home