• Wednesday, April 25, 2007

    Save Your Liver; Skip This Post

    If you're the guy who says he isn't reading this blog anymore, then stop now. The following will make you slightly anxious and queasy.

    -----

    You've been warned.

    -----

    OK then. Are you sure?

    -----

    I thought that tonight I might not sleep alone. I thought there might be someone to curl up behind me.

    There was also the smart, responsible choice of sleeping alone. And that's what I'm stuck with.

    I told him that I would ask him only once not to go. Please stay. He kept to the agreement we made, and moved toward the door. I didn't ask him again. He left.

    Ooooh and I'm pissed. I'm hurt. I'm lonely. It's not what I want. Really really really. I wanted skin and sweaty temples and all the stuff that I seem to so keen on writing about but have sworn against in my emotional chaos. The pop of a hand on my ass. Jesus, I want that. A body pressed full-on against mine.

    We had a full discussion. We both agreed. But I forfeit. I give up. I want take-backs, when it doesn't matter what I said before.

    Tomorrow I'll wake up glad that my life is less complicated. I'll be relieved that this isn't something I need to worry about. I'll teach, and eat take-out, and pack my stuff.

    But oh my god oh my god how I want that thing tonight.

    3 Comments:

    At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    Hmmm, a noble kind of a guy . . . interesting.

    You know what? I'll bet he regretted it too, as soon as the door closed. Just relax . . . you're fine.

    Now who would say they don't read you anymore? I find you more or less like catnip, myself . . . I want to rub you all over my head.

    XO

     
    At 5:18 PM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    Noble shmoble

    I would have stayed and made your toes curl up.

     
    At 10:18 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

    Hopefully there will be another opportunity for him not to go.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home