• Sunday, January 01, 2006

    First Thoughts of 2006

    I've had occasion over the past two days to give some serious thought to this forum and why I blog. Generally, I have the same reasons as many other people: to disclose whatever I want and have an audience bear witness, hopefully without judgement. So far, I have been very gratified by the cathartic feeling, and often feel more clarity after writing through a thought or an issue. Not surprising, I also feel that it fosters a side of me that I am lax or hesitant about sharing in my current life. I hope that I am brave enough to address and resolve this dichotomy in real life, not just the web.

    I have been surprised and touched by many voices out here. I am emboldened by all of you, both the confused and the confident, and meek and the fierce. Thank you for posting on your own blogs, leaving a comment here, or just checking in to read my latest missive.

    Wishing you well for the new year,

    WryGirl

    5 Comments:

    At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wishing you a wonderful, happy, and very sexy New Year, wrygirl.

    C.
    xox

     
    At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wishing you well also, WryGirl

     
    At 12:17 AM, Blogger DH said...

    I hope you have a great year this year. I know my 2005 pretty much sucked.

    So here's to a great 2006 for all of us!

    Cheers!

     
    At 1:44 AM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Happy Happy, Everyone.

    Each year brings something unexpected, for good or ill. Let's hope it more Pleasure and fewer of those f*ing Opportunitites for Growth.

     
    At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They say people blog because they are narcissistic, but I am sure this isn't you. (sarcasm).

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home