• Tuesday, May 23, 2006

    Mystery Poem.

    I smile
    And walk through craziness
    That clouds the hallways,
    Not minding where I am and
    Feeling crazy too.

    I want to laugh out loud,
    Walking around being one thing
    While you float in and out of
    My brain
    Turning me into something else.

    I am softer, and the pain
    Of making room for you
    In my center
    Is mingled with the joy of finding
    You there.

    **I found this among my mother's things today, in her handwriting. I can only make an educated guess as to what it meant to her. Probably something similar to what it means to me.**

    2 Comments:

    At 7:27 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    You know, my friend is right. You people leave plenty of comments when I post nekkid pictures, but not one of you says a word about a poem my mom wrote.

    Classy.

     
    At 3:31 PM, Blogger C said...

    It is a very nice poem. My mom passed away in October of last year and she had tons and tons of poems stashed in notebooks all over the house. I think I know how you feel.. I've found several poems that mean a lot to me and I'm sure they were similar meanings for her.

    Thank you for sharing it.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home