• Sunday, June 11, 2006

    Off.

    I haven't been posting much, and when I sit down to write, I go a bit blank.

    I feel off.

    It could be depression, my old pal, slipping a warm arm around my waist and drawing me near again.

    It could be loneliness.

    Perhaps, most likely of all, it's exhaustion. I visit the therapist on my own once a week, and my husband and I go as a couple once a week. Being in my head, processing, tires me out. There's also the strain of an uncertain future, of wondering if, or rather how, my marriage will end. Can I take the time from being a mom and a domestic goddess to sit and recharge? Ha. What a laugh.

    Here's what I'd like. I'd like at least a night away. It would be in the country. I could lie on the couch and not talk to anyone. I could stare at the fire. I could take a midnight swim. I'd like to feel someone else's hands touch me with something like wonder at the opportunity. I'd let my guard down and not worry about what I was or wasn't feeling.

    In the morning, nothing but lazy coffee and the paper. Or not even. Just music. Maybe more sleep. Hell, I could stay in bed until noon, just rolling around and snoozing.

    It's a tall order, I know.

    I'll start with picking up a book right now and escaping into that.

    4 Comments:

    At 2:48 PM, Blogger Shon Richards said...

    I never got anything productive done when I was in therapy. My writing turned into sheer flights of fancy. I would imagine Blogging would be even harder, since most Blogs expect to be your confidant.

    One thing you consider is writing about a fictional character and getting their drama for a change. Make a character you can come back to who has a life that has little to do with yours, and write little tidbits of their life.

     
    At 8:21 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Thanks Shon, for the suggestion.

     
    At 1:16 PM, Blogger DZER said...

    wow ... some of this is very much how I've been feeling of lately, sans the therapy part.

    I totally identify with that uninspired, lost feeling ... hope you're able to beat it back with a book or a that time alone ...

     
    At 7:12 PM, Blogger April said...

    I've felt very similarly of late.

    Escape into books has been my lifeline...

    as well as time with good friends.

    Thinking of you.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home