• Friday, September 01, 2006

    Rant: to someone who won't read this.

    You invited your friends over. You planned the menu and went grocery shopping. I made the dip and stuffed the dates and laid the tablecloth and did all the cleaning while taking care of our son. I lit candles and chilled the wine. It was an exhausting day.

    Late tonight I took your hand and walked you around the block. I led you to the bathroom. I waited for you to finish vomiting and then I gave you a glass of water, reminding you not to drink too much. I turned on the hall light because the bathroom light would have been too bright. I led you to bed. I took off your pants, put your wallet on the dresser, plugged your phone into the charger. When I'm done writing this I'll go downstairs and tidy the kitchen: the bottles and the dishes will all be clean when our son gets up. The patio and the porch and the dining room and the living room are already done. I made sure of it.

    Thanks asshole. I hope you had fun. Now will you admit that you have a drinking problem?

    9 Comments:

    At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't let him roll onto his side, chances of death by choking or drowning are better on the back and stomach, respectively.
    *hugs*

     
    At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, hell. Alcoholism, too?

    You have to leave. Enough already

     
    At 9:17 AM, Blogger Supercock said...

    He really doesn't deserve you!

     
    At 10:30 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Revealing.

    Love,

    Chuck

     
    At 11:36 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

    Well that's depressing. Sorry for your suffering. His too. I guess saying HHNT is kind of silly now since it's Friday and you don't seem very happy. How about 'peace'?

     
    At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This was a surprise. On top of everything else, you have this to deal with too?

    Try Al Anon. Really. My wifes drinking finally drove me there. Even if you do eventually leave him, Al Anon can still help you deal with the damage that's been done to you.

     
    At 11:09 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Last time I vomited from drinking, I gave things a lot of thought. I'm hoping he does the same, is all.

     
    At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ohhhh, another piece to the problem.

     
    At 5:37 PM, Blogger jack said...

    Long ago I came near that behavior and realized it was really going to fuck things up. Now my attentions are on a high we can give each other in many ways. Sorry to say the drunks don't think they have a problem.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home