• Wednesday, October 04, 2006

    Lucky You, Here's a Rant.

    Today I'm pissed off. Cranky crankasaurus. And watch out, Osbasso, I may be in a mood to whine. Better just click yourself away from here if you mind.

    Let's see where this morning has brought us: the favorite coffee house and bookstore, sitting on a comfy couch, watching people, drinking my fuzzy coffee beverage. It's not so bad. Soon I'll start writing for real. For now, though, I need to work-write my way through this mood.

    Honestly, my personal life is such a pile of burning truck tires that I wouldn't have to look far to figure out what could be bothering me. Foundering marriage? Absent friends? Professional angst? I muddle through this crap everyday; today feels different, as though there's a twisted bolt in my gut that some fucking thing is cranking hard in a bad way. It's tightness and pain, breathtaking with an accompanying lump in my neck.

    Here's what I think it is, and it may crack you up. I'm tired of spilling my guts. I'm tired of opening myself up to people and not being met. I'm tired of telling people all the genuine things I think and feel, and sharing the vulnerable parts of myself and just not getting the same back, or not having it understood, or not being celebrated for all the different things I am.

    You know, I'm sorry that a lot of people in my world don't know how to connect to or articulate their emotions, but I am really fucking tired of always taking these risks of expression and getting nothing back. Or worse, punched in the stomach. For example, my husband's response to what I shared about my yoga class (see post below). My energy for this kind of bullshit is spent. Yet funnily enought, the bullshit just goes on and on.

    Sometimes writing here helps. But it doesn't get me a real arm around my shoulders or a voice on the other end of the phone saying 'Baby, I know how it goes.' Like everything else, it feels like writing a letter, twisting it into a bottle, and throwing it into the sea. Will I get a bottle back? Maybe. But it's just a bottle. I'm still alone on this island with the monkeys, and the sunburn, and the ever-fucking coconuts, my god the coconuts.

    It's a constant and pervasive loneliness. How many philosophers have said that to be human is to be alone? Fuck man, it's exhausting and I don't want to be lonely anymore and I want it to stop absolutely fucking right now. I want the magic wand. I want the fairy godmother with her bitchin' Camaro to zoom up and make my life better.

    Today, if I could take my son to Paris and not ever speak to any of these fuckheads again, I absolutely would.

    But my passport expired.

    Lucky you. I'm sticking around.

    12 Comments:

    At 11:47 AM, Blogger Head Like Velvet said...

    *sigh* I totally remember this feeling.

    I'm sorry Baby; if I could, I'd wrap my arms around you and introduce you to all my friends - the good ones that would scoop you up in a second.

     
    At 12:48 PM, Blogger Shay said...

    sometimes that's what a blog is for - so you can rant and get out all your feelings and know that they are all listed now - so you don't have to worry about them so much anymore.
    *hug*

     
    At 1:00 PM, Blogger Fluffycat said...

    Wow I totally know how you feel. That metaphor about throwing bottles in the ocean totally covers it.

     
    At 2:05 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    thanks, my peeps.

     
    At 2:28 PM, Blogger Shon Richards said...

    I totally know how you feel. lad you know your passport expired :)

     
    At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a frequent lurker on your site, and really really feel for you. I know that's an absolutely fucking horrible feeling.

     
    At 3:28 PM, Blogger woodinhand said...

    Sometimes it feels like we are all in the same room, but all have paperbags over our heads.

    My best wishes and vibes are being sent your way.

     
    At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You should call me. We can bitch together.

    I'm serious.

     
    At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hang in there, wry-one...just one bad day.

    things will change, they always do. If it means anthing at all...I/we read all your notes in those bottles you throw out to us.

    be strong...

    anonymous paul.

     
    At 5:17 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    I like that idea that we're in the same room with bags on our heads. But, um, are there holes in the bags or are we just standing in our own world inside the bags? does that mean we get to feel our way around?

    'cuz I'm down with that, is all I'm saying.

    You know.

    Cool.

     
    At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll front you the cash for the passport.

    It really does suck to seem to be the only person in your world willing to risk and expose your feelings. And even when you do open fully and be honest in painful situations, the folks who just prefer to ignore or deny the reality just call you a liar anyway.

    It's complete bullshit.

    Hope you're improving.

     
    At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not sure exactly how to say I know how you feel. A few years ago I felt the same way.

    I naturally keep a small circle of friends, mostly because I'm shy, so I never found it easy to introduce myself to other people. Over time I would start getting some friends in the office but when the contract would expire they would stay and I would move on. After that I never heard from them again. Life was quite a lonely one for me.

    After a while a constant shroud of despair started to cover me. I thought it would never end until one day through nothing more than fate I found a new friend. The friendship was short lived as she shortly became my girlfriend and now we are engaged. One day I felt completely alone wondering if anyone out there actually could be with me. Then in a two week time frame I found the love of my life.

    Hang in there. You just have to wait for Fate to deal you a new hand.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home