• Friday, January 05, 2007

    Friday's Agenda

    Today the boys left for a week's vacation in warmer waters. That leaves me here alone with a sprained ankle, worrying about my boy rocketing through the sky in a big metal tube. Yes, I basically understand how jet propulsion works, but it seems a shaky premise when the passenger in question is my small boy.**

    Aha, but we have a plan!

    First: seeking wisdom and growth through the internet.

    Then, Darvocet and staring at the ceiling and reading trashy magazines.

    Forthwith, Eyes Wide Shut and chips and dip.

    Later, therapy.

    Onward, birthday dinner with a friend.

    Somewhere in there I'm sure I'll get a nice phone call that son has planted his feet firmly on the ground.

    **yes yes I know all about the statistics of air travel being safer than cars. But when was the last time a car plummeted, on fire, from 11 miles up in the sky?

    5 Comments:

    At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    He'll be fine. Do they still give them little captain's wings?

    Add "The Postman Always Rings Twice" or "Body Heat" to your little movie fest . . .

    XO

     
    At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    now now, he will be fine dear. You relax and take care of that ankle. Of your listing of all your plans I feel as though you left out one great stress reliever.. hint hint...well have a great birthday.

     
    At 11:31 AM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi WG,

    Nothing I can say will probably make you happy about flying.

    But I can tell you this. Planes are really simple things. That's why they basically almost never break.

    As your resident rocket scientist, I stand ready to answer any of your questions.

    Love,

    Chuck

     
    At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wry,
    A week at home, alone...Sounds to me like the perfect time for writing (un-self-conscious, dirty variety) and a self portrait photo shoot. I would love to assist in any way needed. Love,
    your devoted reader,
    Daytripper

     
    At 2:39 PM, Blogger Suck Me said...

    Going at hyper speed happens to me all the time :P

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home