• Sunday, January 21, 2007

    Touch.

    One of you suggested a massage, or some safe touch. That notion has stayed on my mind.

    I lie awake either at night or in the morning and think about hands on my body. And of course, the first context I think of is sexual. Climbing near-naked into bed, having hands reach for me to draw me close, then a mouth on mine . . .

    Yes, that sounds fine right about now.

    But then I remember that part about being touched without having to give anything back. I dial back my mind and think of a massage. Theoretically it sounds terrific, but too clinical since I don't know her face or her hands or even the room.

    So the next scenerio to cross my mind is being touched by a friend. But hell, I don't trust my male friends to keep it platonic. And I'm not that intimate with my local girlfriends.

    But those women and men are out there, who know me and love me. Who would, if they saw me, wrap their arms around me and hold hold hold on to me until they were holding me up.

    And that's where I end up, imagining my friends gathered around me to lay their hands on me, lending me whatever I need, but most notably being present and connected to my struggle. Then I understand that I am getting this, with every email and call that these far-flung friends send my way. All I need to do is ask. They are here.

    6 Comments:

    At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There is this national hug day that they did in korea where they hug everybody. Where everybody is encouraged to hug.
    MM or is it international hug day.
    We need that.

     
    At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I depend on my friends everyday, rather they're physically here or electronically. We're here for you too, and it sounds like you are in a good place right now. Hang in there!

     
    At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't quite tell if you've always felt the need for touch, and just aren't finding it now, or if it's something that's only recently arrisen. I know that I'm very tactile, and I would miss it terribly if I wasn't able to touch, whether it's a pat on the shoulder of a colleague, putting my arm around my son, or something more intimate.

    I wouldn't trust me to give a non-sexual massage, but I fall into the category of those that recommend it. I was reluctant at first myself, since I always associated massage with foreplay, but I was surprised at how good it felt in a non-sexual context. It really does satisfy a physical need.

    As for being here to electronically lend an ear or give support, you've touched a lot of people's hearts, so it's the least we can do in return. Best of luck on your journey.

    strange1@myway.com

     
    At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just enjoy getting my hands on a woman's back and working deep into the muscles. I mean, if it is clear that it is not to go any further.

    Although, if she'll let me keep going, I'll keep going, if I'm interested in her.

    But that philosophy led to a hilariously* awkward moment one time. I was with this girl giving her a full body massage -- and slowly denuded her completely. I'm rubbing her muscles -- finally working my way to her thighs -- making sure to "accidently" stroke her pussy a few times while working the upper thighs and buttocks.

    then I told her to turn over. Which she did, even though there was a little trepidation in her face in the low light.

    So, I'm rubbing the front of her legs up -- then the thighs -- brief pussy strokes -- maybe they were accidental (bullshit).

    I figured if she wanted to stop me from being sexual -- she would have said something by now, so I put my mouth on her breast and put my arms around her.

    "Gadfly?"

    I look up and she looks like a dear in the headlights.

    Church of Christ girls! *chuckling and shaking head*

    She was digging it too much to stop me -- but then suddenly the shocking -- YES shocking! -- realization that:

    "If I don't say something, he's going to fuck me!"

    Bit of a blue balls lesson about girls raised in repressive religions. They learn to fool themselves. lol

    * Now, not then

     
    At 1:35 PM, Blogger What the Chuck said...

    Hi Sugar Pea,

    Boy, I dunno what cures the BIG Blues like what you've got.

    Except sunshine and running. So go do it.

    Get better, so I can tease you again about biting your heels!

    Love,
    Chuck

     
    At 6:56 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    Yep, all you have to do is ask sweetie. :)

    Think about you everyday and hope you are well.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home