• Sunday, February 11, 2007

    Did I really go through all this just so I could buy a new lamp?
    So I could eat mushroom soup by the fire after filling the entire house with smoke because I closed the flue instead of opening it?
    So I could drink a beer or three more with friends without having to call home?
    So I could masturbate in the house alone?
    So I could eat cheese and hummous and bread for dinner?
    So I could flush the toilet at night without fear of someone waking up?
    So I didn't have to look at the stupid crap he liked to collect?
    So I could happily think of a sex life that explicitly excluded him?
    So I could sleep late?
    So I could spend less money on eating out now because life used to be so streesful I couldn't be bothered to cook?

    Is that why I spent thousands of dollars on therapy and mediation fees? Did I do all that work over the past year just for these reasons?

    Yes.

    Yes.

    Yes.

    9 Comments:

    At 12:51 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    I totally would have fed you brie cheese and pealed grapes all the many years before the now

     
    At 12:52 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    cuz I rock like that

    *laughing*

     
    At 6:57 AM, Blogger Phain said...

    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

    (in case you needed a reminder)

    :)

     
    At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sound like it was worth it to me!

     
    At 2:13 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    Me too!! And I still have tons more to spend once the lawyers get me and it'll be worth every single penny!

     
    At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Believe me...It IS worth it.

     
    At 10:36 PM, Blogger Al Sensu said...

    Sounds like you have finally convinced yourself.

    That's wonderful!

     
    At 1:34 AM, Blogger Fusion said...

    Good job, Wry.

    Enjoy your new life!

     
    At 9:16 PM, Blogger LadyXandria said...

    I told you good times were around the bend. This is the moment you've been waiting for. Welcome to happiness :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home