• Sunday, January 28, 2007

    Weekend Wrap-up.

    So what's going on this weekend. . .

    A lot of work. Today was my only day off. I have to say that keeping this busy is good and interesting, but completely exhausting. I came home last night for dinner, and by the time I went to bed, my sneezes had morphed to a full-blown cold. I took meds last night and got to sleep late this morning, but I still feel as though I've been hit by a truck. Just that deep muscle tired. There was a lot of flopping around today done by me. Some useful stuff such as cleaning the bathrooms, some fun stuff such as making valentines with the boy, and some gratifying stuff such as making a very pretty leek and chevre quiche for breakfast this week.

    Plus sneaking to the bathroom to masturbate.

    I'm having frequent anxiety dreams about where I'm going to live. Like, duh. Last night it was about finding my room (#9) in a boarding house. Turned out I was on a pull-out couch sharing space with two other women. Ugh. Please, no.

    Therapy reminded me that I don't have to focus on the future and 'how will I get through it' lamentations. I have been doing it. Just looking to the past year, I've made a lot of progress and have gotten myself through some terrible times. I've been confused and brave and sad. But I'm moving forward.

    But I'm tired and snuffly again. Time to sleep.

    6 Comments:

    At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Down some Nyquil chased by single malt scotch and you will feel allll better (once you come out of the coma).

     
    At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Funny . . . the thought of sharing a pull-out with two women doesn't bother me that much.

    If you get really, REALLY stuffed up, and just can't take it any more, eat a spoonful of hot German mustard, straight out of the jar. Burns through your sinuses, you don't really taste it, and for a few blissful minutes, you can breathe free.

    Unfortunately, I don't think it helps clear your life of exes, hanging around.

    XO

     
    At 11:19 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    Keep up with your vitamins


    yeah ... all this shit going on -- and that's all I got. Take vitamins.

    *sigh*

    I suck sometimes

    ;-)

     
    At 7:41 PM, Blogger The Rover said...

    Must be goin' around. I'm just recovering from a monster cold. This is day 10...

    Try zinc (or a zinc-like product). And my sister-in-law swears by Airborne...

     
    At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think that your therapist is right. Focusing too much on the future robs you of your ability to see things in the present. I know from experience that it's the things in the present that wear you down, and it sounds like that's what you're experiencing now. Just remember that a lot of the things wearing you down are just the tasks that need to be done, so that as you've accomplished them, one by one they will go away. It's not the sort of formula that will produce happiness all by itself, but avoiding magical thinking is best for achieving happiness in the long run.

    Jim
    strange1@myway.com

     
    At 11:50 AM, Blogger Dracolich said...

    Good morning,
    just wanted to say, I enjoy reading your blog. I'm from Canada (quebec, the french province), so sorry for my english:) But up north we take Buckley's..

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home