• Thursday, July 12, 2007

    Something I Like.

    AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS

    by Portia Nelson

    I

    I walk down the street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
    I fall in.
    I am lost ... I am helpless.
    It isn't my fault.
    It takes me forever to find a way out.

    II

    I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I pretend I don't see it.
    I fall in again.
    I can't believe I am in the same place
    but, it isn't my fault.
    It still takes a long time to get out.

    III

    I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I see it is there.
    I still fall in ... it's a habit.
    my eyes are open
    I know where I am.
    It is my fault.
    I get out immediately.

    IV

    I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I walk around it.

    V

    I walk down another street.

    6 Comments:

    At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    Hmmm . . . Allegorical Girl pays us a visit again.

    I'm guessing you're on a different street now.

    XO

     
    At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not a bad idea

     
    At 11:36 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    Just get in the car and I'll drive you. That leaves time for cunnilingus.

    (gee ... was that "cave man" or what? :o)

     
    At 2:29 PM, Blogger Bob said...

    you can get out of the hole?

    now you tell me.

     
    At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love this poem.

    I wonder if you read it in the same book where I read it?

    :)

     
    At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mistify said...

    damn... this may show up in my blog but I will give you credit.... very powerful

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home