• Monday, August 13, 2007

    My Weekend

    Friday night I met up with the new man of two months (well, known him for two years prior to that). We tried a new restaurant to drink wine and eat cheese, plus the world's most amazing arugula salad. Hit two bars and a party. All would have been fine and hilarious had I not enjoyed the offered novelty cigarette. Whew. I was steered home gallantly and then I passed out, fully dressed. That was Friday.

    Saturday I woke up and took many ibuprofen. When plans for brunch were thwarted, he gathered supplies and chefed up awesome fried egg sandwiches. Watched Beerfest. Went to the local bar and played the jukebox. Hung out with friends. By midnight, we were in my backyard, talking on the swingset.

    Sunday meant coffee from the ice cream store, and eggs. Zoning out listening to Simon and Garfunkel's concert in Central Park, and the new Amy Winehouse. Hit the farmer's market and bought tomatoes, blackberries, arugula, and peaches. Ate the blackberries immediately. The man went home and I spent the next seven hours reading the Harry Potter. Took a shower and went to bed.

    Now off I go to start the week.

    2 Comments:

    At 10:10 AM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    What was left unsaid there, is a lot.

    O_O

     
    At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think your last week had a good end and a great start.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home