• Wednesday, October 11, 2006

    Into the Fray.

    It's cloudy and dim this morning; waking up felt like swimming through fog. I'm on autopilot now, doing what must be done to get out of the house to start the day. Don't think, don't pause, because in the spaces is the despair and fear. I dressed as for going into battle: deliberately, steadily, mechanically.

    When I take a deep breath, it hitches. My eyes are swollen. The right one looks as though it's been punched.

    Today is a day of difficult choices, not one of which will make me actually happy. Why is life always like this?

    2 Comments:

    At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep swinging, slugger . . . you're tougher than you think.

    E-mail if you need to . . . renman.jim@gmail.com.

    XO

     
    At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate days like that. I'm just coming out of one of those slumps now. I know it sounds crappy and you're probably like "whatever, you don't know what I'm going through" but just remember that this too shall pass. We would never appreciate the sunshine if we didn't have the rain. Just something for you to think about.

    P.S. I seriously hope you don't give up blogging. Yours is actually the first blog that I added to my Favorite Places. You're an inspiration to me... and you're a really good writer. :) You ultimately have to do what's best for you, but know that some of us appreciate the bits of yourself that you share with us here and we'll surely miss you if you decide to leave.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home