• Wednesday, October 11, 2006

    A Little Steadier for the Next Half Hour.

    I had a good therapy session (implying that the appropriate part of my brain was successfully removed out of my nose) and remembered two things:

    The decisions I've made have not been wrong. They've been right for the time, for who I am at the time. Unfortunately, I'm at a place where the right choices now mean undoing some of those decisions. He was the right man to marry at the time, for who I was at the time. Now I am different and what I want may be different too.

    And I haven't risked everything for nothing. I've gained a lot, not the least of which is a concrete sense of who I can be if I let myself, with the right person. I found my inner Isis. I can't believe I forgot that! All I can say is that I was frightened about the future, about being alone. I'm sorrey.

    Couple's therapy in half an hour. Awesome!

    5 Comments:

    At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so glad to read this, you had me worried earlier today. go gettum!

     
    At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know we're all just imaginary, but your readers really do wish you well, whatever happens. Think of us as your bed full of stuffed animals. Just because w'ere not really real doesn't mean we can't still provide some comfort.

    Mired Kiter

     
    At 7:23 PM, Blogger Fluffycat said...

    I agree, your readers wish you well. In therapy, my shrink always repeats, "I am doing the best I can with the information I have at this time." That helps. Hope the couple's therapy is useful.

     
    At 1:49 AM, Blogger woodinhand said...

    Wishing you find what you are looking for. I am pulling for you.

     
    At 1:01 PM, Blogger JUnderCovers said...

    Is it wrong or inappropriate that I'm picturing you in that Isis outfit from the groovy 70s TV show? Okay, maybe a little skimpier even.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home