• Wednesday, December 13, 2006

    HNT: Fashion Victim


    Most of the time I dress pretty normally for a stay-at-home mom. Wool trousers, blouse or sweater. I generally buy Banana Republic.

    Yesterday I went to the thrift store to consign a bag, and looked through the clothes. I found a sweater and a skirt that belong to My New Life, which is actually closer to who I am than this Current Life.

    Today I wore the sweater and a different skirt and a pair of Wellingtons for the rain. I felt as though I looked exactly like myself: funk prep.

    8 Comments:

    At 10:49 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    Well now, that is a woman moving into a totally new phase of life right there. :) Funk prep works for me.

     
    At 8:11 AM, Blogger JUnderCovers said...

    Tights are always sexy, the jacket has a definite retro appeal, and oddly enough, I even find the Wellies sexy on you.

     
    At 8:30 AM, Blogger ~art said...

    "if it makes you happy"

     
    At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lol . . . "funk prep."

    What can we call HNT next week, when it's just you, the Wellies, and a smile?

    XO

     
    At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kind of retro "Mod"

    Cool

     
    At 11:46 AM, Blogger wordslut said...

    I like your style!

     
    At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too cute.

     
    At 1:52 AM, Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

    I love the pic. Seriously. I can't say I've ever seen a green pair of boots a like that (it doesn't rain or anything else wet here very often so Wellingtons is a bit of a foreign term- I'm always wondering just what they were) but I have a big, ugly tan pair of muck boots next to the pantry for when the winter rain does get here.

    I rather like the look though, what I can see of it. :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home