• Wednesday, December 06, 2006

    Oh, It's Hilarious.

    For the last hour I've been moving closets so that my stuff is actually here in my new bedroom and all the crap from this closet is in my old one in the bedroom. So I'm carting stuff back and forth, finally realizing at trip number 5 that I should be carrying stuff in both directions. An efficiency-of-motion expert I am not, clearly. That said, I am still careful about how I soap up in the shower (down one side up the other); sadly, I am not kidding.

    But I digress!

    I was on the closet floor trying to prop up some pictures, which kept getting tangled up in the clothes hanging from the rod above. Like dresses and stuff. In particular: my wedding veil. It's like fighting a spider web. Everytime I put something in the closet, somehow that veil got tangled in the fray.

    "OK!" I finally yelled. "I get it! I get the irony!!!!"

    No more problems. But it is continuing to be a talking-out-loud kind of day, which is generally a sign of a good, silly mood.

    6 Comments:

    At 2:08 PM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    I get it! I get the irony!!!!

    Well,

    That was kind of a bittersweet chuckle, but a chuckle nonetheless :o)

     
    At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You seriously should write a book. I love your tone in these posts. Maybe something chick-lit-like. Is there a divorce-lit genre?

     
    At 4:16 PM, Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

    Irony is good at slapping one in the face like that.

     
    At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Wry,
    I feel like you are on the right track, whichever way you are going, and however many trips it takes. Finding humor....or identifying irony...is a symptom of health.
    Read any good books, lately.
    Daytripper

     
    At 8:41 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Thanks, everyone.

    daY: see last week's HNT

     
    At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I may be a moron, but what is 'down one side, up the other' when it comes to soaping?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home