• Monday, November 27, 2006

    Monday, Monday.

    I was fine.

    I had a carefully constructed equilibrium of determination and emotion. The edge was fine and honed. Life was about tasks. My friends treated me with care and concern. I shared what I could, and when I descended into despair, I stayed until I pulled myself out again and did the laundry.

    Then someone touched me. Someone looked at me, rather, into me. Someone held me close. Someone reached in and caressed the most tender and neglected part of me, and it loosened up and opened to receive him. And for a little while, I simultaneously felt my profound loneliness and its fulfillment in his intimate presence.

    But now I'm back on my own. And like a cracked egg, the sadness oozes and gunks every surface.

    Well, I have too much to do to dwell in the squalid reality of my life. I'll give myself today to rest. Then it's Tough Girl all the way until I get it done, and hope that the next time I'm touched like that, I can stay there as long as I want.

    6 Comments:

    At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope so too; Humpty Dumpty is no way to live. Even put back together, he felt white and round.

    Here's hoping that next Thanksgiving, you have a wonderful new life to be thankful for.

    XO

     
    At 11:58 AM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    thx jim.

    I can tell you from all the pie, there is one part of me a little whiter and rounder than last week.

     
    At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh I hope you can too, baby.

     
    At 7:15 PM, Blogger Mistify said...

    I also hope this for you, that leaking yolk feeling is awful, I am painfully aware of it myself right now and do not wish it on anyone

     
    At 8:30 PM, Blogger Phain said...

    when i would feel the worst, i prayed that no one would look at me and dare ask, "how ya doing?" - i knew i would crack...

     
    At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mmmmmmm . . . sounds like the pie did it's work well, lol.

    XO

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home