• Sunday, December 03, 2006

    Today's Change.

    Last night my husband and I enjoyed gourmet cheeses and pate while we watched Bergman.

    haha

    The cheese and pate is right, but really we watched. . .wait for it. . .Caddyshack.

    That movie always cheers me up. One word: Spaulding. It also has the only movie quote I know by heart:
    So I says to the llama, 'How about a little somethin', you know, for the effort. The llama says 'There will be no money, but on your deathbed, when you die, you will achieve total consciousness.' So I got that going for me. Which is nice.'

    I slept long and hard, something I needed. Today brought a big change: I moved out of the bedroom and into the office. The furniture configuration is a bit wacky now, but everything but the closet is moved, and I have a nice tidily-made bed right next to me as I type. In fact, I'm going to get my book, stir the homemade Marcella Hazan Bolognese on the stove, and come back up to read before I go play music with my friends.

    Everything is ok. **



    **Well, still celebate while muddling through the end of my marriage. That kind of ok.

    6 Comments:

    At 3:15 PM, Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

    Progress is still progress however small the steps might be... musta been that quote. :)

    "Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my... "

     
    At 5:10 PM, Blogger JUnderCovers said...

    That movie is sublime. Imagine my horror when I found out this year after 10 years together that Mrs. J has never actually seen it! So that's definitely on the list now. I was just explaining that line to her yesterday because I said "So I got that going for me, which is nice" and she didn't get it.

    We used to call one of my college roommates Spaulding because he would leave the last third of his beer sitting around on the table all the time (more of a reverse Spaulding).

     
    At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the line about the hat [have to paraphrase, because I haven't seen that movie in so long] . . . "I bet when you wear a hat like that, you get a free bowl of soup. Looks good on YOU though . . ."

    Lots of new things ahead, Wry . . . furniture arrangements, living arrangements, happiness, less stress, fulfillment . . . maybe even love.

    XO

     
    At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lol . . . just thought of the little seduction scene, with Chevy Chase and the married bottles of Perrier, too . . . knocking the loose cap off the bottle, and blowing on it . . .

    Okay, I'm going to the video store tonight, lol.

    XO

     
    At 11:38 AM, Blogger ~art said...

    peace~art

     
    At 12:28 PM, Blogger Gadfly said...

    "gunga la gunga ... gunga de gunga"

    I'm glad you found total unconciousness in your little bed last night :o)

    I saw the most amazing peformance of "Marcella Hazan Bolognese" at the Palazzo Pitti in Florence.

    ;-)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home