• Thursday, November 30, 2006

    HNT: Where I Live.


    Here's my bedside table. The books are, from left to right, top to bottom: a gratitude journal, Schott's Original Miscellany, Toddler Owner's Manual, Poet of the Appetites, Crazy Time, Eat Pray Love, and America's Women. Hmmm, a lot of non-fiction I guess to get me to sleep. I'm also reading The Zahir.

    There's a little tray where I hold earrings and ponytail holders. The dark pink case is my manicure set. A bottle of ibuprofen, the strongest sleep aid I need these days, thankfully.

    And that's a picture of my mother, propped up by an arrowhead. We were on the beach in winter. You can't imagine the look of joy on her face, even though we were going through a tough time. This photo keeps me going; if she could do it, so can I.

    9 Comments:

    At 12:38 PM, Blogger wordslut said...

    I enjoy how this picture tells so much about you. HHNT!

     
    At 2:22 PM, Blogger Hollz said...

    HappY HNT to you>>

     
    At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love this...very insightful about you honey

    HHNT

     
    At 2:28 PM, Blogger Regal said...

    thanks for the insight into you - Happy HNT

     
    At 2:41 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

    Great HNT :)

     
    At 3:33 PM, Blogger figleaf said...

    The photo confirms you're as wonderfully normal as your writing suggests.

    Also ponytail holders imply ponytails, which are yummy.

    Hey, happy HNT, Wrygirl.

    figleaf

     
    At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello,
    I aslo hava read The Zahir of Paulo. And enjoied so much ;)
    Do you know that he has a newsletter?
    http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html

    You can also go to his blog and comment with other readers your impressions... http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com

    it's simply wonderful!

     
    At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, don't knock non-fiction . . . I heard Jenna Jamieson's autobiography was very good, lol.

    Awesome . . . I have a picture like that of MY mom, walking in the snow. Definitely the kind of stuff we need.

    XO

     
    At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Ann Arbor Architects said...

    Thank you for wriiting this

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home