• Wednesday, September 06, 2006

    If I Were Your Girl...

    ...you'd not dare to cheat on me. Yes, so what I'm a hypocrite. Or was. Whatever.

    And do you know why this is? Because I'm nobody's fallback girl. I'm not the consolation prize. If you're with me, you're one lucky bastard and we both know it. I'm not the Fuck Buddy. If I'm yours, then you're mine. If you get to fuck me, then no one else gets to fuck me, but then again, no one else gets to fuck you.

    You can wake me in the middle of the night. You can call me to you during your lunch hour. You can push my head down into your lap as we drive to Best Buy. Whatever. But you cannot, or will not, have so much as lunch with another girl that I don't know.

    But if you do get a chicken Caesar salad with the hot coffee shop girl, here's what will happen:

    I'll go to lunch too. Only it will be with an old lover. And I'll tell you exactly when and where it's going to be, probably in a hotel restaurant. We'll sit nice and close. I'll laugh and toss my hair and flirt flirt flirt. Then I'll have that old lover write you a note. And that note will say in detail what that lover is going to get to do to me if you ever cheat on me again.

    See? No escalation. I'm not going to fuck anyone. No no no. But you'll learn. If I'm yours, then you're mine.

    7 Comments:

    At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kyma said...

    I live by the same rules WryGirl. I will not stray, and I expect the same of who's with me.

     
    At 6:20 PM, Blogger Supercock said...

    Uhoh what did he do?

    Or is this a hypothetical situation?

     
    At 7:31 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Completely hypothetical.

     
    At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you were my girl, I'd not DREAM of cheating on you.

    Unless it was with Art, and unless you were in the room with us.

    :D

     
    At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow.

    But I dunno. You seem way, way too interesting, and imaginative to EVER be totally "your girl" to anybody. I mean -- I can't see you passing up lunch with the old lover even though it would lead nowhere.

    Could you be interested in a guy who would totally NOT have chicken Caesar with the coffee shop girl, or even think about it ? That doesn't mean he's going to screw her brains out, although it may mean he's a flirt.

    Slavish devotion can have a downside. You seem like somebody who would be more interested in a guy who could give as good as he got in terms of standing up for himself.

    I really like your blog.

     
    At 1:08 PM, Blogger WryGirl said...

    Anon: Well well. Those are excellent points. I might have lunch with that ex-lover just so the new lover ties me up and exerts his proprietary rights over me.

    Ah ha I think you've stumped me.

     
    At 11:04 AM, Blogger Mistify said...

    EVERY SINGLE WORD perfect!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home