• Sunday, August 26, 2007

    What's Happening Now.

    It's so easy. I talk to him for the first time in a month because of a mutual friend's trouble, and I backslide immediately into sadness.

    And then I can barely stand how much I miss him. Talking about music and books. The number one sex. The way how there's something about him that has always pulled on a part of my heart, and still does.

    In everyday life I profess anger and intolerance for the way he treated me; the way he rejected me only until I walked away; and the way he has reacted to my moving on.

    In everyday life I happily spend my time with someone new who is a mature and whole man.

    But after just a brief conversation with this former man, I'm fully immersed in what we meant to each other and how much I miss him and what we had. I truly loved him and wanted to give him every part of myself, to an unhealthy degree. We were tremendously close.

    For a long time, however, we both said that a real relationship between us wouldn't work. He told me to walk away, and I did. He changed his mind, but I did not.

    I'm not saying that I basically revisit my opinions or decisions. Just that it's hard to feel all the stuff, to be in it and understand that it's part of the natural course of a break-up. Sucks, in fact. So that's what's happening now. In the middle of love and loss and sadness.

    3 Comments:

    At 11:41 PM, Blogger Ry said...

    "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
    ~Kahlil Gibran

     
    At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jim said...

    I'm not sure that I can offer anything useful, so I'll just say I'm thinking about you, Wry.

    Hang in there, sweetie.

    XO

     
    At 4:19 PM, Blogger ~ Storm said...

    It will get better. Time will heal it and because he is the father of your child, there will always be some connection. right now you are struggling through the familiarity. I still do this with Johnny and we didn't have a child together, but I still long for the days when things were perfect and get angry and sad that it isn't like that now, but it passes quicker than it used to. A new man helps, as I know, but it still hurts. Let it, and then move on for that moment.

    xo

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home